Pinterest can be an extremely useful tool if you use it effectively, but as with any social media site, there’s always some stuff that’s better left alone. You can hide individual pins from your feed, but what if you want to get rid of everything you’ve ever liked? This helpful guide will show you how to delete messages on Pinterest so that only the most relevant content remains in your feed. How To Delete Messages On Pinterest: The Definitive Guide
Step 1: Log in to your Pinterest account
Table of Contents
Log in to your Pinterest account and hover over the name of your profile. Click on settings in the drop down menu that appears. Next, click on messages. In the messages page, there are two tabs at the top; send messages and received messages. Click on the tab titled received messages. You should now see a list of all of your received messages.
Step 2: Open the Messages Inbox
If you’re having trouble deleting messages on Pinterest, don’t fret. It is not an easy task but it can be done with a little patience and know-how. Here’s what you need to do:
1) Log in to your account on the web.
2) Go to the section of your profile that displays all of your messages.
3) Select the message that you want to delete by clicking on it.
Step 3: Select the message you want to delete
1. Select the message you want to delete.
2. Click Report on the top right-hand corner of your screen and fill out the form that appears with a brief description of why you want to delete this particular message.
3. Once submitted, you’ll be taken to a page that asks if you would like to make an appeal for this specific message that has been deleted. If so, click Yes.
Step 4: Select the More Options button
1. Select the More Options button at the top of the message thread to open a drop-down menu.
2. Choose Block user from the menu to permanently delete the message and block them from contacting you in the future.
3. You will then be prompted with a confirmation dialog box that reads, Are you sure?
4. Click Yes to confirm your decision and prevent this person from sending any more messages or notifications to your account.
5. If you click No, they will still be able to send messages but their notifications will no longer show up on your account until they are blocked.
6. Receive confirmation message on screen Section
You can close your browser now
When you’ve finished, you can close your browser now. This will take you back to your desktop. Congrats! You just learned how to delete messages on Pinterest and never have to deal with it again. Hopefully this guide has helped clear up some confusion for you about how easy it is to get rid of these pesky messages. If there’s anything else we didn’t cover in this guide that you’re still unclear about, please let us know in the comments below so that we can address any other questions you may have. Thank you for reading!