If you’ve had enough of Instagram and want to close your account, you’ve come to the right place! There are lots of reasons why someone might want to delete their account (think cyber bullying, stalking, etc.), but no matter why you want to do it, this article has all the info you need to delete your account in the next 5 minutes or less. Have an account on Facebook? Check out how to deactivate your Facebook profile instead! How to delete your Instagram account in 5 minutes or less
Step 1: Log into Instagram
Table of Contents
1. Log into your Instagram account.
2. Click on the Profile icon at the top right of the screen.
3. Scroll down until you see Settings.
4. Click on Settings, then scroll down and click on Delete Account.
5. Type in your password and click Delete My Account.
6. Read over the warning message, then click Okay if you are sure that you want to continue with deleting your account.
7. Your account will now be deleted. You will not be able to log back in unless you change your mind before the deletion is complete and follow these steps again.
8. The only way for an individual user to regain access is by contacting Instagram’s support team and providing a valid form of identification, like a driver’s license or passport.
Step 2: Go to settings
Click on the gear icon at the top right corner of the screen and select Settings from the drop-down menu. Click on the icon marked Your Account and then scroll down until you see the link that says Delete Your Account. Enter your password, tap Okay and you’re done! All of your data will be deleted, including photos, videos, comments, likes and followers. You will no longer be able to log into this account.
Step 3: Choose ‘Delete my account’
1. Choose ‘Delete my account’ from the three options presented on the screen.
2. You will be prompted with a pop-up that asks you to enter your username and password, so make sure you have that information handy.
3. After entering all of the necessary information, click on ‘Delete my account’ and it’s as simple as that!
4. Just remember that once an account is deleted, there’s no way to recover it.
5. So if you’re not ready for this step yet, don’t do anything rash!
6. When in doubt, just pause for a while before making any decision about deleting your account for good.
Step 5: Your account is deleted
Once you have followed the above steps, simply log out of the app and then log back in. You will be logged out automatically after a minute of being inactive. For now, that’s it! You have successfully deleted your Instagram account. The only thing left for you to do is wait for Instagram to contact you with any questions about your deletion request.
Good luck with deleting your account, and please share this post so others can easily follow these simple steps!
how to deactivate instagram
You can deactivate your account by going to the app and tapping on Settings at the bottom of the screen.
Scroll down until you see Account
Tap on Deactivate Your Account and input your password when prompted. You can then choose whether or not you want to notify followers that you’re leaving. When you’re ready, tap on Deactivate.