Chrome Books are great computers, especially if you’re an online marketer, a college student, or just enjoy having the ability to access Google anywhere you go. Unfortunately, screen shots and screen recordings aren’t built in features of Chrome OS, so if you want to capture what you see on your screen, you have to rely on third party software. Luckily, recording your screen on your Chrome Book with Camcorder and its sister program Cam Screen Recorder are free programs that will make sure that your next social media campaign goes off without a hitch! And here’s how to use them. How to Screen Record and Screen Shot Chrome Book: A Step-By-Step Guide
Setting Up To Get Started
Table of Contents
To get started, you need a screen recorder. You can find one in the Google Play Store by searching Screen Recorder. Open it up and follow the installation process. Once that is done, open the app. Next, you will want to start recording your screen by tapping on the camera icon at the top right corner of the app. To pause your video, tap on this same icon.
Recording Video And Screenshots
If you are looking for a way to document your chrome book experience, then the easiest way is by recording your screen. The following steps will show how to record video, screenshots, and both simultaneously on a chrome book.
1) Press Ctrl + Shift + P (Windows) or Cmd+Shift+P (Mac).
2) Type in capture without quotes into the box that pops up at the bottom of the browser window. 3) Click Take screenshot. 4) When done, click Stop Capture.
5) To stop recording press Control + Shift + P again.
6) To find the saved files press F3 key on your keyboard and type capture without quotes in the search bar above it.
Uploading Videos And Screenshots To Google Drive
Google Drive is a cloud storage service where you can upload videos and screenshots from your Chromebook. This can be helpful if you want to share a video or screenshot with someone who doesn’t have access to your computer. Here’s how you do it.
First, press Ctrl+Shift+N on Windows computers or Cmd+Shift+N on Macs for a new window.
Next, open up the Chrome browser by typing chrome://apps in the address bar.
Downloading Screenshots And Videos From Google Drive
1) Log into your Google account on the web
2) Click the Upload button in the upper right corner of any Google document or sheet
3) Select the file you want to download, then click download at the top of the screen . Screenshots will automatically be saved as a .png file. Videos will be saved as a video that can be played back with a media player such as VLC. 4) To take screenshots from your chrome book, press alt+shift+P and select the part of the page that you want to screenshot. 5) The screenshot will automatically save as an image (.png). 6) Press alt+shift+P again to toggle between full page screenshot and selection tool.
Installing the new version of Hangouts
Before we get started, please make sure you have the latest version of Hangouts on your computer. To do so, click on the Chrome Web Store icon in the top left corner of your browser and search for Hangouts. Once you find it, click on the Install button to download it. This will be necessary for screen recording and screen shotting.
Choosing the type of video you want
Do you want an overview of how to screen record on your Chromebook or do you want a quick step by step guide on how to take a screenshot?
In this post, we will go through both options.
If you would like an overview of how screen recording works, watch the video below. If you are ready for the step by step guide, scroll down.
Recording your hangout
To start recording a hangout, click the down arrow next to the Hangouts button in the top right corner of your screen. The video window will pop up and you can then press record. To stop recording, just click the red stop button next to the record button.
Taking screen shots
Taking a screen shot on a Chromebook is easy! All you need to do is press the following key combinations.
Press Alt+PrintScreen (The Print Screen key is located in the top right of your keyboard)
Press Ctrl+Shift+M (This will open Google Drive)
Press Ctrl+V (This will paste the screenshot in Google Drive)
Sharing your screens on Twitter, Facebook etc.
I am here to share with you a simple way of screen recording on your chrome book. I hope this helps. It is really easy to do, just follow these steps below:
1) Go to the desired website or web page
2) Right click on the tab
3) Click Inspect from the menu that appears in the bottom left corner of the window 4) Click Screen from top menu bar > Choose Take screenshot > Save image.
Q. How do I screen record my chrome book?
A. It is simple, just click the three dots on the top right hand corner of the browser window and select Record your screen. It will then open a new tab with a timer that records your screen.
Q. How do I take a screenshot on my chrome book? A. To take a screenshot, press the Shift + Prt Scrn keys together on your keyboard and it should save automatically to your downloads folder as screenshot. You can also use Windows or Mac shortcuts for this too if you are using those operating systems.